At Huili Nursery Shanghai, we like to make joining our community as seamless as possible.
Families that have attended a coffee morning and submitted an application, including all the required supporting documents, will be notified whether they will be invited to attend a ‘Getting to Know You’ session. It is through these sessions that we are able to get to know more about the applying child and their family. Unfortunately, due to the high demand for a limited number of places, not all families will be invited to a ‘Getting to Know You’ session.
Please note that without a complete application pack, including all supporting documents, we cannot proceed with the application.
1. The child must be age appropriate for their year group.
YEAR GROUP AGE REQUIREMENT
|Age||Year Group||UK Year Group|
|2||Early Years 1||Pre-Nursery|
|3||Early Years 2||Nursery|
|4||Early Years 3||Reception|
|5||Early Years 4||Year 1|
(Based on the child’s age on 31st August, for the academic year of application)
2. There is space available in the age appropriate year group.
3. The child has reached certain developmental milestones.
4. Admissions Requirement:
The child’s household registration or residence permit status meets one of the requirements below:
A. Child holds a Shanghai Pudong household registration
B. Child holds a Shanghai household registration outside of Pudong and legal Pudong residence certificate
C. Child holds a mainland China household registration from a city other than Shanghai, valid Shanghai residence permit or Residence registration certificate; one parent holds valid Shanghai Residence Permit(addressed in Pudong) and standard points notice with child’s name for Shanghai residence permit or 6-month Shanghai insurance records(from 1st July 2020 to 30th June 2021; no supplementary included)
D. Child holds Hongkong or Macau permanent ID card, Hongkong/Macau Travel Permit or residence permit, Taiwan Travel Permit or residence permit, Registration Form of Temporary Residence for Visitor (addressed in Pudong)
E. Child holds foreign passport, Residence Permit for Foreigner in the People’s Republic of China, Registration Form of Temporary Residence for Visitor (addressed in Pudong)
5. The family embraces the Huili philosophy, values and identity.
Please note the following:
1. Huili Nursery Shanghai does not charge or accept any application or admissions fees
2. You should not pay nor offer any sums of money (in cash or in kind) nor give or offer to give gifts to any individual as part of the application process
3. Huili Nursery Shanghai only accepts applications directly from a family and not via any agent or similar educational establishment. Any agent or individual claiming that they have a preferential admissions relationship with Huili Nursery Shanghai should be reported to the Master’s office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In support of the application, you will be required to upload copies of the following documents:
A. Child holds a Shanghai household registration for the Pudong district
B. Child holds a Shanghai household registration outside of the Pudong district
C. Child holds a mainland China household registration from a city other than Shanghai
D. Child holds a Hongkong, Macau or Taiwan ID card
E. Child is a foreign citizen (E1- child holds the foreign passport with valid visa; E2 – child holds the Chinese Travel Document and at least parent hold Shanghai household registration; E3 – child holds the Chinese Travel Documents and his parents hold mainland China household registration from a city other than Shanghai.) *
|Child’s birth certificate||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Valid Shanghai residence permit or residence registration certificate||✓|
|For HK/Macau residents – permanent ID card, mainland travel permit, or residence permit. For Taiwan residents – mainland travel permit, or residence permit||✓|
|Valid residence permit for foreigner in the People’s Republic of China||✓|
|Registration form of temporary residence for visitors showing an address in Pudong||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Legal Pudong residence certificate (Property ownership certificate for Pudong district, registered lease agreement for Pudong district, separation permit of household registration and residence)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Household registration (for Chinese parents)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|One parent’s valid Shanghai residence permit in Pudong||✓||✓|
|Passport with valid visa (for foreign parents only)||✓|
|One parent’s standard points notice with child’s name for Shanghai residence permit or 6-month Shanghai insurance records (from 1st July 2022 to 30th June 2023; supplementary insurance payments are excluded. )||✓||✓|
* Please note that the final enrolment of foreign children is subject to meeting the documentary requirements issued by Pudong Education Bureau that are in force at the time of enrolment.
The following groups will be given a priority invite to attend a ‘Coffee Morning’ and ‘Getting to Know You’ session in the order set out below:
1. Children of eligible staff members
2. Children referred via the Lujiazui (LJZ) Priority Admissions Scheme*
3. Siblings of current pupils attending Huili Nursery Shanghai or Huili School Shanghai or Wellington College International Shanghai
4. Children who have a household registration in Shanghai Pudong
Those who have priority status are not necessarily guaranteed an invite to a session. Moreover, they are not guaranteed the offer of a place at the nursery and will be assessed subject to the admissions criteria.
Among equally qualified candidates, priority for places will be offered in the same order as set out above.
*The Lujiazui Priority Admissions Scheme will include:
1. Eligible employees of the Lujiazui group
The Lujiazui group will submit the eligibility certificate directly to the nursery on the behalf the applicant.
2. Eligible residents of the New Bund area